Lesson Plan 2

Lesson Plan 2

Grade
Kindergarten
Subject
Language
Units
Alphabets
Learning goal
Identify alphabets in their name  and peers names (with pictures –visual aids)
Success criteria
  •          Play alphabet puzzles with friends to improve communication skill
  • ·         Using I-pads applications, such as matching, tracing and connecting alphabets to develop technology skill
  •        Working on www.abcya.com with a buddy to build good social skills


Minds-On
Using Google forms, we worked together on a morning message, words of the week- Word Hunt and a poem of the week. I also invited students on the carpet to identify their name with their pictures.
Action
 I gathered students on the carpet to do Just Dance 4 and some action songs from the www.starfall.com and the You Tube to help them warm- up and learn through music and actions. I also set up literacy centres,
Beads centres, Stamping letters centre, Computer centre, I-Pad centre, Puzzles centre and Play-Doah centre to create a playful learning environment.
I used SeeSaw and Sesame applications in my I-Pad for pedagogical assessment that reflected my teaching strategies and helped my future planning.

Accommodations/ Modifications
I used play doh and squeezy alphabet toys for some of my autism students for a sensory centre. ELL students worked with a buddy or senior student.
Consolidation
Students identified some letters in their name and some can try to write their name on a white board. I used their picture for a visual clue to help in the beginning. But my pedagogical assessment encouraged me to use differentiated instruction strategies to promote playful, safe and caring classroom environment.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50th Anniversary Celebrations!

Milk bags for mats!!

Health lesson plan- Grade3/4